21-Day 200-Hour Lakshmi Rising Yoga Teacher Training in Cabuya, Costa Rica
Best Price Guaranteed
Intensive Yoga Teacher Training in Costa Rica
This 200-hour teacher training immersion in Costa Rica’s stunning Blue Zone offers you the opportunity to enjoy the most natural and beautiful aspects of life while learning about the timeless traditions of yoga and cultivating true health and happiness. This life-enriching program draws from many traditions and explores many aspects of yoga. You will experience classical Ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine, the importance of ritual, the magic of mantra and philosophy from the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. You will tune into the subtle energies within and around you and connect deeper with nature. There will be free time over the weekends so you can explore all that the Nicoya Coastline has to offer.
The cost includes training and manual, organic gourmet vegetarian meals, lodging in a double occupancy luxury jungle loft, two beach excursions to the nearby towns of Montezuma and Santa Teresa, a signature Waterfall Wellness Ritual, full access to a 40 acre nature preserve including tropical gardens, jungle trails, waterfalls and swimming pool. This teacher training is an experience that will stay with you and inspire you forever. You will find music, laughter, sweat and wild crazy fun harmoniously combined with stillness, self-discipline, silence and introspection. Follow your hearts calling to Costa Rica.
In a faraway tropical paradise, surrounded by lush jungle, in walking distance to immaculate beaches, with world class vegetarian food, The Sanctuary at Two Rivers is a haven of serenity and tranquility amidst the scenic beauty of nature. Join this 200-hour yoga teacher training and be guided by trained and passionate teachers as you go deeper into your yoga journey.
21 days with instruction in English Spoken languages: English; The maximum participants in the group is 14
- Daily Sadhana and meditation session
- YTT program with over 180 contact classroom hours
- Unique Lakshmi Rising School for Yoga and Wellness training manual
- 2 transportation for beach relaxation and 1 jungle beauty ritual
- 3 daily organic gourmet vegetarian or vegan meals
- Organic fresh fruit, coffee, and tea
- 20 nights' accommodation
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
Students who complete their subsequent trainings are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®).
A yoga teacher training immersion at The Sanctuary at Two Rivers, Costa Rica gives you three weeks to focus on reading, studying, asking questions, discussing, and practicing yoga with curious, interesting people from around the world without the inevitable distractions of life at home. The Sanctuary at Two Rivers - Liz Lindh takes a good care of you.
In the 200-hour yoga teacher training program, The Sanctuary at Two Rivers - Liz Lindh focuses on how to teach as much as on mastering the material. After graduating at the 200-hour level, you will have a much easier time grasping more specialized material offered in various workshops in your yoga community back home.
If you miss some classes, most likely that won’t be a problem because The Sanctuary at Two Rivers - Liz Lindh will exceed the required contact hours set forth as a residential immersion program. You will, however, be required to submit writing assignments to demonstrate your understanding of any topics that you miss.
Lakshmi Rising Vinyasa Yoga
Lakshmi is the Goddess of love, good fortune, beauty, and prosperity. She blesses those with clear focus, goals, and direction;, especially on the spiritual path. Rising means to advance, grow or ascend. Vinyasa is the sacred dance of breath and movement while yoga is integration. Lakshmi Rising Vinyasa yoga is an awareness-based practice that includes fluid, dynamic asana, kriya, pranayama, mantra, meditation, dance, wellness, self-care, and ritual for health and awakening.
This approach is a revitalizing laboratory for experiencing and expressing our unique self while mindfully honoring all that exists in each present moment. The practice cultivates mental, physical, and spiritual strength so that you are able to recognize and transform habits, patterns, and conditionings that cause suffering in any way. You use the mat as a metaphor to understand what holds you back so that you can eliminate all that is not effective in the unfoldment of your own unique evolutionary process.
Some practices are challenging, vigorous, and will require self-discipline. Some practices are slow and juicy with therapeutic space for rest and relaxation. Both styles are valuable, both are important. Lakshmi Rising is the place where sweat, tears, openness, and fun meet softness, quiet, introspection, and self-love. Benefits include grace, flexibility, strength, balance, and well-being in the body and mind. You may also feel a sense of purpose, clarity, creativity, focus, connection, inner peace, and confidence.
Transformation is a process of focus and commitment. The program is both efficient and effective, maximizing your investment in cultivating your best self. The Sanctuary at Two Rivers - Liz Lindh is influenced by the yoga lineage of Sri Krishnamacharya, Classical Tantra from the teachings of Sri Mahendranath, Gabrielle Roth's 5 Rhythms, Shiva Rea and the ageless Wisdom imparted by great sages, and artists from cultures near and far. Lakshmi Rising Vinyasa yoga integrates time-tested traditions with modern knowledge and insights designed to awaken and inspire you.
The style of the Yoga
The course draws from many traditions and emphasizes more than the physical practice of yoga. The asana practice is Hatha Vinyasa based. Vinyasa meaning the fluid integration of breath and movement, Hatha meaning the balance between fiery Sun and watery Moon energies.
Within this well-rounded Hatha Vinyasa Flow training, you will gain an understanding of proper alignment, core-based strength exercises, how to work with special populations, and how to create a restorative or energizing flow class. You will explore yogic philosophy from the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Ayurveda, Classical Tantra, and the wisdom teachings of ancient and modern traditions.
Qualifications or Pre-requisites
The most important thing you will need is an open, willing, and curious mind. A 200-hour yoga instructor certification is a foundational level program that covers the fundamentals of teaching yoga. You do not need advanced physical practice to participate, nor experience with meditation, a knowledge of anatomy nor philosophy. The Sanctuary at Two Rivers - Liz Lindh will cover all of that in the training.
The more experience you have as a student of yoga, the more you will have to offer as a teacher. This is a great place to begin and also a great place to refine your skills and deepen your understanding. Remember that the study of yoga is a never-ending, lifelong journey and The Sanctuary at Two Rivers - Liz Lindh is there to guide and support you, wherever you may be on your path.
Techniques and Training
- Daily Sadhana: a 90 to 120 minutes asana practice each morning (also includes pranayama and mantra)
- Daily meditation: several different techniques will be introduced and explored so that students will leave with a solid foundation for cultivating a personal practice
- Asana lab: break down of over 130 asanas, names in traditional Sanskrit and common English names, how to teach them, physical and energetic anatomy of each asana, contraindications and hands-on, and energetic and verbal assists
- Asana families: categories of postures, general benefits, and contraindications and sequencing tips
- The art of sequencing: learn to move your students in a way they have never been moved before. You will go over key concepts like the components of a class, building to a "peak pose", using theme and variation and counterposes
- Pranayama lab: methods, benefits, and contraindications and teaching techniques
- Mantra and chanting: in Sanskrit with English translation and significance
- Ritual: how to make life a sacred and purposeful journey
- Effective assisting: enhancing the asana
- Components of a class
- Dynamic use of language
- Intention setting and themes
- Music: how to use sacred vibrations to create an experience
- Voice as an instrument: tone and tempo
- Yoga in the world today: styles and lineage
- Qualities of a good teacher
- Business of yoga, marketing, and social media
- Options for certified yoga instructors
Anatomy and Physiology
- Physical body
- Subtle body including Chakras, Bandhas, Nadis, Acupressure and Marma Points, Vayus and Koshas
- Getting out of the head and into the body, awakening intuition, and thinking versus sensing
Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics
- Eight limbs of yoga
- Yamas and Niyamas
- Yoga Sutras
- Yoga in the world today
- Art of ritual
- Diet and nutrition
- Intro to Ayurveda, the five elements and the three Gunas
- Karma yoga: being of service, giving back, and making the world a better place
- YA code of ethics
- Posture clinic and practice teaching: students will be teaching asana, pranayama, and chanting with partners and in groups, openly giving and receiving feedback
- Each student must create and teach a 30-minute class to be critiqued by instructors and peers
The required books and other materials are not included in the tuition cost. You are responsible for purchasing your required books and supplies (pens, notebooks, etc.) before arrival at The Sanctuary at Two Rivers and bringing them with you to the tropical oasis. It is not possible to purchase books or supplies anywhere nearby. You will receive as part of the tuition an extensive yoga teacher training manual upon arrival as a supplemental required course text. The books (e-books are fine) to purchase and bring with you are:
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Swami Satchidananda
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens
- The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
- Ayurveda, The Science of Self Healing by Dr. Vasant Lad
Monday to Friday
- 06:00-09:00 Sadhana: asana, pranayama, mantra, and discussion
- 09:00-10:00 Breakfast, discussion of sacred texts or silence
- 11:00-14:00 Training session
- 14:00-15:00 Gourmet vegetarian lunch with nutrition and natural health discussion
- 16:00-19:00 Training session
- 19:00-20:00 Dinner with a gratitude practice
- 06:00-07:30 Silent yoga practice
- 07:30-09:00 Self-led meditation and journaling
- 09:00-10:00 Silent breakfast
- 10:30-17:00 Excursion with lunch in town
- 19:00-20:00 Nourishing delicious dinner
- 07:00-07:30 Coffee and tea
- 07:30-09:00 Morning Sadhana
- 09:00-10:00 Delicious breakfast
- 10:30-14:00 Nature ritual
- 14:00-15:00 Yummy lunch
- 17:00-19:00 Yoga film
- 19:00-20:00 Nourishing Ayurvedic dinner
Note: All guests must arrive at The Sanctuary no later than 16:00 on arrival day. Please schedule your travel accordingly.
What is included
- Yoga teacher training program with over 180 contact classroom hours
- Daily Sadhana and meditation practice
- Unique Lakshmi Rising School for Yoga and Wellness training manual
- 2 round-trip transportation to either Montezuma or Santa Teresa for beach relaxation
- At least 1 jungle beauty ritual using indigenous flowers, herbs, and oils
- Full access to The Sanctuary at Two Rivers' 40 acres tropical paradise
- Daily house-keeping and weekly laundry service
- Concierge services
- Applicable taxes
- Unlimited shade-grown organic self-serve coffee
- An assortment of teas and fruits for snacking
- Super-filtered mountain spring water for drinking and bathing
- Daily 3 organic gourmet vegetarian or vegan meals served to you each day
- 20 nights' accommodation
What is not included
- Required textbooks and supplies (notebook, pens, etc.) of site meals and excursions
- Yoga Alliance membership fees
- Any spa services you wish to enjoy
- Transportation to and from The Sanctuary at Two Rivers
- End of the training staff gratuities
The Sanctuary at Two Rivers in Costa Rica can accommodate up to 16 individuals. They offer two types of eco-chic accommodations: Jungle Lofts and Studio Houses. Each type has its own unique qualities, size, bed options, and layout. All houses are set amongst picturesque tropical gardens with observation decks, hammocks, and wonderful jungle vistas.
They are powered by the high-tech solar power system, have green lighting, spectacular outdoor solar hot water showers with garden views, ceiling fans, and screened in walls giving you an up-close and intimate experience with nature. Imagine rising with the sun and the howls of howler monkeys, not hearing any urban nor suburban noises, all the while infusing yoga, meditation, wellness, and spiritual healing, with wildlife and bird watching.
The Sanctuary at Two Rivers will rejuvenate your body, tidy up your mind, and boost your spirit. While The Sanctuary loves children, the accommodations are not childproof; children visiting The Sanctuary require constant supervision. The Sanctuary cannot provide this service.
Shared Mezzanine Lofts (Zen Jungle Lofts)
The Jungle Lofts are sensitively green-designed to harmonize within the natural environment, providing a comfortable up-close and very personal experience with nature. Each of the six jungle lofts at The Sanctuary has an area of 625 sq. feet and places each guest at eye level with the forest canopy and her passing monkeys, singing tropical birds, and scented floral trees. Plenty of room to perch yourself on a hammock at canopy eye level with your favorite book, a pair of binoculars, digital camera and a glass of fresh mountain spring water. Screened-in open-faced walls allow for vintage viewing, excellent ventilation, and pleasurable sun and moonlight. Refreshingly cool slate stone supports the ambiance to relax, recharge, and reconnect.
Upstairs in the bedroom mezzanine, guest beds have an unencumbered view to the jungle. In the spacious bathroom, and private dressing area there is ample sink shelf space for each guest. And right outside is a tropical garden view solar hot water shower with great pressure, and wide showerhead. All of these jungle lofts are of a townhouse design with two lofts side-by-side. Each accommodates two individuals; each guest in a single twin bed, or combined to form a king bed.
The sanctuary is perched approximately 1,000 yards slightly above the Pacific Ocean in Cabuya at the southernmost tip of the Nicoya Peninsula which is one of only five Blue Zones in the entire world by having a large concentration of centenarians living in the area. It is only two miles from Costa Rica's first national nature preserve, Reserva Cabo Blanco, and neighbors to the quaint artistic beach-town of Montezuma and the surf towns Mal Pais and Santa Teresa.
Guests will be introduced to the bountiful gifts of mother nature from the moment of their arrival as they walk from the car park for 20 minutes over jungle and river paths to reach the grounds of The Sanctuary. Nestled between two rivers with waterfalls that flow year round, the private park is home to countless species of flora and fauna; including exotic mammals, birds, butterflies, reptiles, and amphibians that are common to Central America.
The Sanctuary at Two Rivers yoga retreat and yoga teacher training center's fortunate geography allows for a tropically mild, nearly mosquito-free climate with cool refreshing breezes cascading throughout the rolling grounds, making one's stay remarkably comfortable even when beach temperatures are soaring.
- Montezuma - 15 minutes' taxi ride
- Beach - 30 minutes
- Playa Carmen / Mal Pais / Santa Teresa - 30 minutes
- Reserva Cabo Blanco, 2 miles
What to bring
- At least 2 notebooks and several pens in different colors
- Flashlight with batteries
- Sturdy river walking shoes (have these on your feet upon arrival),
- Insect repellant, eco-friendly personal care products (lavender, peppermint & tea tree essential oils come in handy, so does baby powder)
- First aide necessities (insect bite soother & arnica are essentials)
- Easy to store snacks like dried fruits, nuts and nut butters
- Cash for taxis ($50 each way from Tambor airstrip to The Sanctuary) & staff gratuity (suggested amount is $200 for 21 days for dining service, daily house keeping, weekly laundry service, luggage transport, concierge services and more)
- Our housekeeping staff will do laundry for you at the end of weeks 1 & 2
- Bring eco-friendly laundry soap (like Dr. Bronner's) to supplement with hand washing.
- We have yoga mats and props here, but I also recommend bringing a yogi toes towel because it will get sweaty ;)
Things to Do
- Additional spa treatments
- Explore Cabo Blanco National Park
- Forest and waterfall zipline canopy tour
- Hiking to secluded waterfalls
- Local river hiking
- Mountain biking or ATVs
- Shop for local artisans' arts and crafts
- Sound healing Gong bath
- Stand up paddleboarding
- Tortuga Island boat trip
- Waterfall wellness ritual
Artistic-gourmet vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free cuisine comprises one of the pillars which supports, nourishes, detoxes, and cleanses you on a Yoga Teacher Training Certification Program.
The talented plant-based chef will create for you three unforgettable tropical fusion meals per day inspired by the world’s greatest cuisines. The healthy organic food is artistically crafted to please all of the senses. Meals are designed around the seasons using Ayurvedic principles while incorporating the best and freshest local ingredients, herbs and spices. All organic produce is from local Costa Rican family farms. Meals are well balanced and prepared with love. This positive energy is infused into the food, aiding the digestion process.
Plenty of protein is provided by using legumes, seeds and nuts, artisan cheeses, and eggs from free-ranging chickens. With an ever-expanding orchard of over 300 various tropical fruit trees, freshly picked organic fruits make great complements to your dining experience. Overall, this will produce a more lively healthy body and mind and is the most environmentally friendly diet.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
The following drinks are included:
This program includes at least one jungle beauty ritual using indigenous flowers, herbs, and oils. This 1.5 to two hours of empowering adventure on the property includes a full body cleansing and exfoliating treatment using indigenous fruits, flowers, oils, and herbs, a guided river hike, waterfall climb, meditation, sacred mineral pool plunge, and healing abhyanga (self-massage with jungle flower infused fresh-pressed coconut oil).
This fun and unique ritual are designed to assist in the growth and transformation process that naturally happens while on retreat with The Sanctuary at Two Rivers - Liz Lindh by cultivating clarity, intention, release, creativity, and friendship.
Meet The Instructors
Liz is a certified Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental medicine, a NCCAOM diplomat in Chinese herbal medicine, a holistic skincare therapist and natural beauty expert, as well as being a dedicated and experienced yoga teacher and teacher trainer.
She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Health and a Masters of Oriental Medicine Degree. She is currently the director of The Sanctuary at Two Rivers, a unique eco-conscious yoga and wellness retreat center in Costa Rica. Her extensive experience includes research and treatment of stroke patients, touring with a rock band as their private acupuncturist, presentations on complementary and alternative medicine, the development and implementation of a therapeutic yoga, meditation, and wellness program for cancer survivors, the creation and instruction of a 200-hour yoga teacher training approved by the National Yoga Alliance, and the formulation of her own line of natural beauty products.
Liz has been exploring the path of yoga since the early 1990s. Her dynamic vinyasa yoga classes are a fusion of fluid movement, flexibility, core strengthening and balance where you will find rhythm and awareness, breath and calm, ritual and rock and roll, integration of body, mind, heart and spirit. She teaches retreats, workshops and teacher trainings internationally with the intention of spreading love, health and beauty.
Location The Sanctuary at Two Rivers, Beach Road, Cabuya, Montezuma, Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at San Jose International Airport (SJO). It is the most convenient airport to the sanctuary. Frequent international flights are available at this modern airport. For your travel, plan at least two hours between local air and international travel.
The Sanctuary at Two Rivers - Liz Lindh can prearrange land transportation (shuttle bus for a group or private taxi for individuals) from San Jose International Airport (SJO) directly to the sanctuary via roads and a ferry that crosses Nicoya Bay to the Nicoya Peninsula. This might be economical for a large group and is approximately take five hours. Prices start at 260 USD.
Or, you can continue your flight by local air to Tambor. The best local airline that offers scheduled flights and charter services to Tambor Airstrip is Sansa. The flight time is 25 minutes. Their terminal is a five-minute walk from the exit of the San Jose International Airport (SJO). Please allow at least one and a half hours from your international arrival time in order to clear immigration and customs and to check-in for the domestic flight. There is a departure tax of approximately 28 USD at San Jose International Airport (SJO) when you leave Costa Rica.
Booking And Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of 14.5% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 60 days before arrival.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- Reliable Customer Support: We’ll be with you throughout the process.
- We Care: We look forward to a better world, just like you.
- No Fees: Zero convenience fee.
- Flexible Payment: Just pay a deposit to reserve your spot.
- You Don’t Need to Create an Account: You are anyway in control of your bookings.
- Bank- Level Security for Transactions: We provide a safe Gateway.
- Cancellation Protection: Many of our retreats offer free cancellation options.
- Multilingual Retreats: The Retreats we offer are in multiple languages like English, Spanish, French, etc.