The Seven Chakras – Vortex of Energy
Feb 07, 2019
Have you been complaining of exhaustion lately?
Working long hours at office? Lack of sleep? no time to relax your mind & body?
All this can make you feel lethargic and you automatically become irritable. More chronic causes can be fatigue, fever, mental breakdown, depression, anxiety etc.
Don’t worry. There is a simple solution for this problem – YOGA.
Yoga was discovered and first practiced in ancient India. It is not just workout; it is a healthy lifestyle. Yoga can help you change your physical and mental state, as well as prepare to rejuvenate and re-energize your mind and body.
Many yogis believe that like the universe, our body’s network is made up of various junctions or chakras which are responsible for the various functions it performs. These chakras are the energy points and allow cosmic energy to flow in our body and are represented by 7 different colors. They are present in the body in more than one dimension – physical state and spiritual dimension. The way we feel or behave is congruent to the state of our chakras.
Of the 114 chakras present in the human body, only seven are considered important for its functioning. The first chakra is located at the base of the spine going up till the seventh chakra located at the top of the head. In a healthy person, these chakras provide the right amount of energy to the mind, body and soul.
Following are the seven important chakras in the human body:
- The Crown Chakra(Sahasrara): It is located at the top of the head. It is considered a pathway to absolute consciousness and is depicted as a thousand-petal lotus. It controls the brain and the nervous system and is mostly responsible for our consciousness, enlightenment and inner awareness.
- The Third Eye Chakra(Ajna): It is located at the centre of the forehead (i.e. between the eyebrows). It is associated with intuition, foresight, vision, imagination, creativity and wisdom.
- The Throat Chakra(Vishuddha): It is located near the base of the throat. It is responsible for sound which is essential for self-expression and communication. It is also a passage for energy to flow between lower body and head.
- The Heart Chakra(Anahata): It is located at the back of the centre of the chest and is associated with air element and emotional qualities like love, appreciation, peacefulness etc.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra/The Naval Chakra(Manipura): It is located at the centre of the naval. This Chakra is associated with bringing motion to our thoughts, self-esteem, intellectual abilities and expression of will.
- The Sacral Chakra(Svadhisthana): It is located in the pelvis region. Associated with water element, it is responsible for adaptability, fluidity, sexual energy, creativity, unconsciousness and emotions. It also helps us keep a check on our emotions and desires.
- The Root Chakra(Muladhara): It is located at the base of the spine. It is associated with the earth element and controls four prime urges viz. food, sex, sleep and self-preservation.
These Chakras are not visible to the naked eyes, but through yoga and meditation, we can feel their energy and presence. Book your retreats with Amayaan to practice meditation and get the feel of the chakras within yourself.